Homebirth For Babies
Home Birth Advantages for the Baby
- He or she is more likely to be born vaginally, without the breathing difficulties often caused by cesarean section and/or anesthesia.
- There is less likelihood of infection when the baby is with the mother than the in newborn nursery.
- The baby’s experience at birth is considered important and made as gentle as possible. Routine procedures such as deep suctioning and unnecessary stimulation are avoided.
- The baby is not separated from the mother. The mother-infant bond is never sacrificed for institutional procedures.
- Breastfeeding is easier to establish when the baby can nurse on demand and is not given bottles.